Best paired food
We made these delicious crackers for our victorious Beerhouse Battle of the Taps event. We loved it so much, we just HAD to share it with you.
Cheddar Cheese Blonde Ale Crackers:
-250 g extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
-1/4 cup unsalted butter, cold, cut into cubes
-1 tsp kosher salt
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-2 to 4 Tbsp Diesel & Dust Blonde Ale, placed in freezer for 10 minutes
1. To make these Blonde Ale crackers, fit a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. On low speed, mix together cheese, butter and salt until well combined.
2. Add the flour and continue mixing until small pea-sized pieces form, then slowly add one tablespoon of beer at a time until the dough begins to form into a ball (not all of the beer may be needed).
3. Form the dough into a disk, wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 180 °C and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
4. Turn the dough out on a lightly floured surface and roll into a 1/8-inch thick rectangle. Cut dough into 1-inch squares using a fluted pastry wheel or pizza cutter.
To create the trademark hole in the center, use the back of a wooden skewer.
5. Transfer crackers to the prepared baking sheets, leaving a bit of space between each one.
Bake on the center rack for 15 to 20 minutes, until puffed and beginning to brown at the edges. Transfer crackers to a wire rack to cool. Crackers will become crispy and flaky once fully cooled.
Craft beer fries
Julle, ons aartappel drome het waar geword! Try them with sweet potatoes or russet potatoes, baby potato wedges or french fry skinny-cut slices. Whatever floats your boat, just make sure to use your favourite Diesel & Dust for the best flavours!
What you need:
- 2 large russet potatoes, hand cut into fries
- 1 Diesel & Dust Lager
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
How to do it:
- Cut potatoes into fries. Do not remove the skin. Soak in a medium sized bowl for 1-2 hours, fully submerged, in a Diesel & Dust #TrueBrew of your choice.
- Preheat oven to 230° C.
- Remove fries from beer, shaking off any excess, and move to another bowl. Toss in garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and olive oil until evenly coated. Transfer to a greased baking sheet and spread evenly with the least amount of overlap possible.