Best paired food
Who can say no to a delicious and comforting soup on a rainy day like today? Definitief nie ons nie! Ons het hierdie bier en lensie sop gemaak met ons Diesel & Dust Red Ale en ons smul nogsteeds daaraan! Sien hieronder vir die resep.
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 3 large carrots, julienned (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 large sweet potato, washed and diced (with skin on)
- 2 cups soup celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried chilli flakes
- 1,5 L vegetable stock
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 bottle (440 ml) Diesel and Dust Red Ale
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tin (400 g) black beans, drained
- Chopped fresh parsley, to serve
- Heat the oil and add the onions; cook until translucent (about 5 minutes on a low heat).
- Add the carrots and sauté for a few minutes more, then add the red lentils, sweet potato, celery, thyme, chilli flakes, stock, and bay leaves. Simmer on a medium heat until the potato pieces are soft and falling apart (about 25 minutes).
- Remove the bay leaves and add the #TrueBrew beer of your choice. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes, then mash the soup roughly with a potato masher.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and black beans, stir and let simmer on low for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with a garnish of parsley.
Craft beer fries
Julle, ons aartappel drome het waar geword! Try them with sweet potatoes or russet potatoes, baby potato wedges or french fry skinny-cut slices. Whatever floats your boat, just make sure to use your favourite Diesel & Dust for the best flavours!
What you need:
- 2 large russet potatoes, hand cut into fries
- 1 Diesel & Dust Lager
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
How to do it:
- Cut potatoes into fries. Do not remove the skin. Soak in a medium sized bowl for 1-2 hours, fully submerged, in a Diesel & Dust #TrueBrew of your choice.
- Preheat oven to 230° C.
- Remove fries from beer, shaking off any excess, and move to another bowl. Toss in garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and olive oil until evenly coated. Transfer to a greased baking sheet and spread evenly with the least amount of overlap possible.
Stout ice cream
We scream, you scream, we all scream for BEER ICE CREAM! Who would have thought you’d hear those words in the same sentence? Ons het dié bier roomys self probeer met ons Diesel & Dust Black Stout en ons kan dit beslis aanbeveel! Sien hieronder vir die maklike resep:
What you need:
- Diesel & Dust Black Stout
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cream
How to do it:
- Place 4 egg yolks & half a cup of sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk 3 – 4 min until light and fluffy.
- Pot on stove (medium heat).
- 1 cup of cream, 1 cup of D&D Black Stout.
- Stir until it comes to a light simmer.
- Remove approximately half of the mixture.
- Slowly pour the removed half into the yolk mixture whilst whisking to prevent the yolks from scrambling.
- Pour in the tempered yolk mixture back into the pot; keep stirring over medium heat for 2 – 3 min until it starts thickening up.
- Remove from heat and let it stand for about 15 min to reach room temperature, then, place it in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Place in a sealable container and put it in the freezer for 3 – 4 hours until it is completely frozen.
- Scoop and enjoy this beautiful beer now in ice cream form!